On September 21, 2021, President Susan R. Wente announced the creation of the University Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council (UDEIC) to support the institution’s progress regarding matters of diversity, equity and inclusion.
This standing council will be advisory to President Wente and charged with supporting Wake Forest’s continual and ongoing commitment to each member of our community. The UDEIC will assess and provide input on the University’s progress toward fostering and sustaining inclusivity and belonging. The UDEIC will also be positioned to advise President Wente on emerging situations and to serve as an essential conduit for the campus community.
The University Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council includes students, staff, faculty and alumni from across the Wake Forest community as well as a representative from the Board of Trustees. Each member will represent a broad range of voices and experiences and embrace our focus on radical collaboration. Positions will have one- or two-year rotating terms to allow continual representation and broad-based opportunities for service and engagement. Listed below are the current members and the areas they represent.
- José Villalba, Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer
- Tracey L. Banks, Faculty Senate Vice President and Associate Professor of Legal Research and Writing
- Jermyn Davis (’10), Board of Trustees
- Pilar Agudelo (’23), Student Body President
- Alexus Acree (’23), Law School Student
- Estefania Narvaez (’23), Undergraduate Affinity Organization
- Banks Hand (’22), IFC/PHC Leadership
- Kgosi “Orion” Hughes (’23), NPHC Leadership
- Stephanie Carter, Staff Advisory Council
- Dedee Johnston, Human Resources
- Ashley Wechter (’06), Athletics
- Naijla Faizi (’14), Campus Life
- Nate French (’93, P ’23), Student Success
- Marianne Magjuka, Community Engagement
- Phil Anderson, School of Business
- Ron Neal, Undergraduate College, Division One
- Ryan Shirey, Undergraduate College, Division Two
- Sharon Andrews, Undergraduate College, Division Three
- Betina Wilkinson, Undergraduate College, Division Four
- Alex Reyes Schroeder (’06, JD ’09), Alumni Council
- Kelly Starnes (’93, MBA ’14), Affinity Alumni Organization